I twisted my knee as i was getting into bed last night, i'm in agony now if feels like someone is stabbing me when i move certain ways. I can barely put any pressure on it

Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Not

Not an uncommon mechanism for tearing a meniscus i.
E twisting your knee. Please see your orthopedist and in the mean time rice, that is rest, ice, compression, elevation (to the degree that you can). Some meniscus injuries will heal on their own depending on degree of tear and location, which will dictate the blood supply to the area. An MRI will provide good information. Best of luck.

In brief: Not

Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Stephen Katz
Sports Medicine

In brief: It

It sounds like you may have torn your meniscus.
You need to contact your physician and be seen. If they are concerned that you have torn your meniscus they may order and MRI to confirm the diagnosis. They will then likely send you to be seen by an orthopedic surgeon for the possibility of surgery. Until then use ice (10-15 every hour- a bag of frozen peas or corn works well) and avoid any twisting or squatting. You can use crutches if you want.

In brief: It

Dr. Stephen Katz
Dr. Stephen Katz
Dr. Steven Seres