What are the differences in side effects between celexa and lexapro (escitalopram)?

They are siblings. Citalopram or Celexa is an antidepressant that works on increasing serotonin in the brain synapses. Citalopram has both left and right handed molecules as most compounds do. Escitalopram or Lexapro iis made of only one half of the molecules seen with citalopram. And so is thought to perhaps cause fewer side effects. This is why 10mg of escitalopram is equivalent to 20mg of citalopram.
Lexapro (escitalopram) Lexapro (escitalopram) is isomers of celexa, with fewer side effects and better tolerability.
Celexa and Lexapro (escitalopram) Celexa is citalopram and Lexapro (escitalopram) is ecitalopram, they are related and very similar. Much of the time there is an individual preference of one or the other and it is important to determine which one is personally preferred. Generally Lexapro (escitalopram) is slightly preferred and Celexa was recently shown at high doses to have a risk of cardiac arrhythmia.