Is mono still contagious to me? My boyfriend recently had it and i was around him, and didn't get sick. He's over it now, but i don't know if we could kiss again or not.

In brief: I

I do not know if he is still contagious at this time.
Mononucleosis (the kissing disease) is spread when the epstein-barr virus is passed from one person to another, usually through saliva. The incubation period (before full symptoms appear) is usually about four to eight weeks. The most contagious period is when the person is actively sick and for about six weeks after the person's symptoms stop. However, the virus can still be found in saliva for several months in some cases. I don’t mean to scare you, but one study indicated that a person who no longer has symptoms might still be contagious 18 months later.

In brief: I

In brief: Hard to say

It is contagious from before there were obvious symptoms for at least 3 weeks after they start.
Some will shed the virus in their saliva intermittently for years. Since the incubation after exposure is more than a month, consider yourself exposed. You may have had it as a child & if so you are immune. Nothing you do now will change what will/won't happen. If you want, kiss him.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. William Forsythe