Antidepressant medication question I'm currently taking wellbutrin for my major depression. I'm also taking trazadone for sleeping. I want to stop taking trazadone, can't sleep anymore. I used to take quetiapine fumarate for years but after blood test,

Sleep medicine doc. You should consult with a sleep medicine doctor. There are over 80 sleep disorders. I am boarded in psychiatry and sleep medicine, so I do both. Twenty percent of people with depression also have sleep apnea, and vice versa. It sometimes takes a team. Your insomnia diagnostic work-up is incomplete unless you have already seen a sleep specialist. Sweet dreams!
Wow, . Wow, this is a complicated question. Let me first start by advising that I have never prescribed vilazodone which was released in the United States last year, so I have no hands on experience with it. In response to your question, i did a little research and side effects of vilazodone can include sexual dysfunction. I do not know if providers are combining vilazodone with wellbutrin (bupropion). Overtime, a person can become less responsive to the side effect of sedation from trazodone (which is actually an antidepressant). Thus, if your dose of trazodone has never been increased; that option is a consideration. Quetiapine falls into the class of medications called atypical antipsychotics. It can also be sedating and thus is often prescribed for insomnia. The issue is that atypical antipsychotics can cause serious side effects like increasing your blood sugar or the lipids (fats) in your blood stream. In some cases a condition called tardive dyskinesia can develop which leads to involuntary movements of some muscles. Thus, if it is only being prescribed to address insomnia, there are other options involved with fewer serious potential side effects.