I have pink dots in the of my tongue do I have a STD it hurt when i eat and drink something to

Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dentistry

In brief: See dentist

Oral lesions range in their cause and treatment.
Your best bet would be to see a dentist for a proper evaluation while the lesions are present. Most lesions in the mouth will resolve in 2 weeks so don't wait. My first guess would not be an std but this is not possible to say without seeing the tongue and getting a proper history. Best of luck.

In brief: See dentist

Dr. Zahid Ahmed
Dr. Zahid Ahmed

In brief: I

I cannot tell you the cause of the pink dots on your tongue.
The dots may be enlarged taste buds. One thing that can cause pink or red spots on the tongue is called a geographic tongue (or benign migratory glossitis). They call it a geographic tongue because the dots can coalesce to look like a map. Other possible causes of pink dots are low Folic Acid or vitamin b-12 levels, as well as yeast infections and oral herpes. If a person has a red tongue and a high fever that could be scarlet fever and should be promptly treated. Acid reflux can impact the tongue. Because you specifically asked about whether this could represent a sexually transmitted disease, i will add that if you had oral sex with an infected partner and are concerned about a specific condition you should contact your doctor for further assistance.

In brief: I

Dr. Jane Van Dis