I have been in psychotherapy for over 17 years and on medications for 15 years....While I am somewhat better, I am now for the first time on social security disability....Due to the fact that i can not focus long enough to do any work. I am depressed, c

In brief: Since

Since you you have moved, is a different doctor prescribing your psychiatric medications as well? If a general doctor is prescribing your psychiatric medications, you could inquire about being evaluated by a psychiatrist.
Since you are not my patient, and i know very little about your history, i can not make any specific medication recommendations. However, sometimes if depression is recalcitrant the doctor might consider using a mood stabilizer. Different therapists and different patients use different approaches to counseling. I have sometimes adopted patients who spent years in counseling but said that the time was spent addressing complaints. Improving depression and anxiety often requires making changes in our lives. Change can be frightening. If your previous counseling was not directed at making healthy life changes and you really are motivated to pull up your sleeves and do what it takes; talk to your new therapist about this approach. Good luck.

In brief: Since

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: I don't know what your question is

I am not sure what your question is.
However, if you're having concentration difficulties it is possible that you have underlying add or adhd that has not previously been diagnosed. I would recommend that you go back to your psychiatrist and look into that issue. If the answer turns out negative, then i would recommend neuropsychological testing. It may help sort out the issues better. If it is real bad, would certainly not be unreasonable to see a neurologist. Best wishes to you..

I am not sure what your question is.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson