I have good insurance, but terrible vision. How much should I expect to pay out-of-pocket to get lasik done? I'm 27-years old, and I am near-sighted. I currently wear glasses to work, drive, watch tv, etc. I'd like to get lasik surgery in the near future.

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: In

In dallas, we go as low as 1800 per eye in some cases---so the range up to 4000 for both eyes sounds about right.

In brief: In

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Varies

The price of lasik varies from place to place.
In our region is ranges from $4200-4800.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Mark Golden
Ophthalmology

In brief: It

It is rare for any insurance to pay for lasik as it is considered a cosmetic procedure.
It usually costs between $2000-$3000 per eye. Many laser centers offer free financing.

In brief: It

Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. Mark Golden
Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: Unfortunately,

Unfortunately, lasik surgery is grouped with other cosmetic surgeries therefore not covered by insurance.
As all insurance companies will not pay for breast enlargement, they will not pay for lasik surgery. You should expect to pay ~$4, 000 to $5, 000 for both eyes.

In brief: Unfortunately,

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim
Dr. Adam Smith