What is the right cream or ointment to accelerate the healing after nose surgery? I plan to have nose surgery to correct my excessively long and narrow nose. What should I know about choosing a cream or ointment to improve the healing of the skin followin

If . If you are having an "open" nasal procedure, you will likely have a small incision at the under surface of the end of your nose called the columella. There is no specific ointment that will accelerate the healing process, but the goal is to provide your incision line with an environment that will optimize the healing process. Your surgeon will likely have his or her own wound care instructions. Thus, i would follow the instructions given by your surgeon, but the following regimen works well for my patients. I have them gently clean their incision with a 50-50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water with a q-tip. Some bubbling results, which help dissolve crusts that often form on incision lines. After cleaning the wound, they aplly a thin layer of a petrolatum based ointment (vaseline, aquaphor) with a q-tip. The wound care is typically performed three to four times a day and for the first two weeks after surgery.
As . As metioned by others you will usually have a nasal dressing on your nose for 5-7 days. During the time this dressing is on your nose the sebaceous oil glands of your nose may become clogged and lead to acne on your nose. You can use an astringent or skin toner on the surface of your nose to prevent oil build up and acne formation.
I . I don't know that there is any one topical cream or ointment that you can put on the nose itself to speed up healing. The important thing to do is take good care of your incision lines. Different surgeons have differing recommendations on how to care for the incisions so follow the instructions that your surgeon gives you. I've attached a link to my specific instructions for you to check out.
Usually . Usually there is tape and a cast on your nose for 6-7 days after surgery. Nasal skin tends to be dry after the rhinoplasty, so a good moisturizing cream is helpful. However my aesthetician always evaluates the patient because there is great variation in skin types and characteristics.