Is his vomit contagious? My 2 year old has been fine all day. Then, at dinner he got so upset because he couldn't get his way, he was screaming and crying and wouldn't calm down. He eventually threw up all over the floor. I have 2 other children in the

Dr. Ratna Dhingra

In brief: No

this was caused by the temper tantrum raising the pressure in his stomach causing the vomit--it is not contagious--do not worry about exposure to your other children.

In brief: No

Dr. Ratna Dhingra
Dr. Ratna Dhingra

In brief: Not likely

This kind doesn't seem to contagious.
If there is an upset stomach and GI upset, that might be contagious.

In brief: Not likely

This kind doesn't seem to contagious.
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Alessandra Bertolucci
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Vomiting

Vomiting caused by a viral or bacterial infection can be contagious, but vomiting from a temper tantrum is not.
It sounds as though his vomiting was behavioral, so there's nothing to "catch". Sorry about the mess!

In brief: Vomiting

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Smith