Have compression fracture at t10 for over 6 yrs. About once a mth i get back pain, chest pain and headache from this area, help was diagnosed with compression fracture at t10, and have had two spinal shots, about 5-6 yrs ago. Most of the time I am fine,

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I

I agree that the jaw pain is not related to the spine fracture.
Chronic back pain is fairly common. Maintaining ideal body weight, keeping good posture habits, regular stretching and exercise program, having a good mattress, putting pillows under knees at night to keep them bent are excellent measures to decrease or avoid flare ups. I personally like acupuncture and the use of interferential unit for these cases. Try to avoid the use of narcotics since it adds way too many problems including constipation, tolerance, chemical dependency and many other unintended consequences.

In brief: I

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: I

I would expect your t10 fracture to be healed after 5 to 6 years, but it is common to have back pain after any injury.
Intermittent chest pain, headache and jaw pain are unusual and i would recommend workup by your primary care doctor. If your workup is negative for other problems you may benefit from physical therapy.

In brief: I

Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak

In brief: Medical

Medical acupuncture can be a very effective way to address chronic or acute musculo skeletal pain.
Although practiced in china for several thousand years and in europe for almost a couple hundred years, this practice has gained popularity in the United States with md's and do's since the 1970's. It is safe, gentle and can be very effective.

In brief: Medical

Dr. Umesh Patel