Can methadone cause blood clots and or swelling and pain in leg. Had blood clot a few months ago. Went away. Years ago told my left side had circulation problems. More lower left leg swollen painful can't move it. Must pain right under knee

A. A swollen leg with a history of blood clots is a worrisome combination. You could very well have another clot, and blood clots in the legs can lead to bad complications. You need to be examined for this and have an ultrasound study. Do you have a history of injecting IV drugs into the veins in your legs? That's a great way to damage the veins and put you at risk for leg swelling and/or blood clots.
Blood clot. You might be an emergency situation. The Methadone has nothing to do with your clot and even if it did that's not the issue now the issue is the clot and the pain. I would think anyone in this situation should seek help as soon as possible. Watch for any sudden difficulty in breathing. If you have difficulty breathing certainly take immediate action.