Damage from lies about a child what will it do? If a parent is making up lies about their own 14 year old child by saying the child urinates in towels because the child doesn't know how to use a toilet, says the child is bulimia because someone said she i

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Yes,

Yes, the is a condition in which a parent or other guardian figure pretends that a child is ill so that the older person gets attention.
It's called "munchausen by proxy, " and it can be quite damaging, both psychologically and because it exposes the child to tests and treaments that he or she does not need. I think the best way to handle this is to contact the child's healthcare provider and let him or her know of your concerns. Privacy laws prevent the doctor from talking to you about a patient, but do not prevent you from passing on your concerns. You should also contact the child protective services agency in your area. In fact, depending upon your relationship with the child, this notification might be required by law.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews

In brief: Dear

Dear writer from bothell, wa, if a parent was to make up bizzare lies about their child, of course it could be damaging.
When a person lies to their child or about their child, it can impact trust and self esteem. Now, with that said, if the child has an attachment disorder, that can be quite serious and definitely merits mental health care. I believe, from other questions over the last few days, that there is an ongoing child custody battle. What one parent says about the other parent, or about the child's behavior when in the care of the other parent obviously also has the potential to impact child custody hearings. I know you were provided with information about child advocacy by another doctor. So, i strongly recommend that you discuss this situation with your legal counsel.

In brief: Dear

Dr. Cindy Juster