My fiance has an ear infection, an' has stabbing pains all over her body and her neck is swollen.What could this be? My fiance got an ear infection around 1/20/12, then she started having stabbing like pains all over her body. Plus, her left ear is infe

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I hope her symptoms have resolved by now.
The only thing that i can think of is possible muscle aches from a possible viral infection that she had/has in addition to the ear infection. Viral syndromes tend to cause generalized muscle aches and pains. Also, it is not uncommon to have an ear infection on both sides, this can be missed initially. Her swollen neck is likely due to an enlarged lymph node, which commonly occurs when an infection is present. Take care.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy