What do you think i have? My scalp looks like the gray patch ringworm at times there has been sores like a rash or a pimple. Also, black little nits like a fruit fly maybe? I feel itchy with scalp, hair feels different like it is nappy in spots, also hard

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: From

From your description, you may have ringworm of the scalp which is actually caused by a fungus, not a worm. Of course, without examining you and sending cultures, i cannot tell for sure what it is.
A fungal infection of the scalp is more difficult to treat than fungal infections elsewhere. Treatment usually includes 1-2 months of a prescription oral medication. You should give your doctor a call and have them take a look at it. They will hopefully be able to tell exactly what it is so you can get the proper treatment. Good luck!

In brief: From

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Shontae Buffington