Is it normal to have withdrawal symptoms when getting off duloxetine?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: No
In my experience discontinuance (not withdrawal) symptoms r less frequent and not as severe--they r very common with Effexor (venlafaxine) and Paxil on the other hand.

In brief: No
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: There can be
Most antidepressants should be tapered slowly just to avoid the possibility of withdrawal symptoms.
Paroxetine, venlafaxine and duloxetine all have significant withdrawal symptoms when stopped suddenly. Venlafaxine is the worst followed by paroxetine then duloxetine. It's always best to taper slowly so you dont get confused and think withdrawal is the illness symptoms returning.

In brief: There can be
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett