Can staph infection be confused with hsv2 on a lab test? I have recently been contracting what the doctors say are "boils", in my pelvic area, buttocks, under my arms and even on my nose in some instances. They say it's a form of stapholycoccus and treat

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The short answer here is you need to be tested for herpes.
In addition, if you get a "boil" have a herpes culture done on the actual lesion. As far as your boyfriend is concerned, he may have tested positive for hsv 2, however it is possible that he never had a lesion before. He was likely exposed to it at some point in his life. Take care.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham