My throte hurt on monday it still hurts but only when i swallow when i wake up it hurts bad but after i swallow multipul times it does not hurt that bad

Dr. Marc Benhuri
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Exam Needed

You may be a mouth breather during your sleeping hours.
There are devices that can help this issue. Check with your dentist.

In brief: Exam Needed

Dr. Marc Benhuri
Dr. Marc Benhuri
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: You

You likely have a pharyngitis (throat infection).
It may be viral or bacterial. If it is viral it should go away in 7-10 days, if it is bacterial you will need antibiotics. Therefore you should see your doctor for an evaluation, diagnostic testing, and treatment if necessary. In the meantime tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil will help with the pain, as well as warm salt gargles three times a day. I hope you are better soon.

In brief: You

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Steven Seres