When should I go to the doctor for a possible lung infection? I went to a doctor last week for inflammation of the lungs brought on by a virus. My husband was hospitalized with pneumonia. I was given antiobiotics and albuterol, as well as other meds. I ha

You . You need to have a follow up with your doctor. There is a chance that you could have pneumonia and/or bronchitis that is resistant to the antibiotics given. You may need a chest x-ray or follow up x-ray if one was already done. Best of luck.