Acne and drinking, and also chest pains I have a direct family history of heart disease and heart problems on my dad's side of the family.My dad died from a massive heart attack in 2009. His mother did in 2004. His dad had one the same year in 2004 but he

Dr. Steven Guyton
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: You

You have extremely high blood pressure – a hypertensive crisis is often defined by a systolic blood pressure of 180 or higher or a diastolic blood pressure of 120 or higher. Blood pressure this high can damage blood vessels or lead to a stroke.
With a blood pressure as high as you have reported, you should seek immediate medical attention. Treatment for blood pressure this high may include hospitalization for treatment with intravenous (IV) medications. I am very concerned that you will not live to be 50 unless you begin to control the risk factors that contribute to your mortality risk — smoking, high blood pressure, lack of exercise and alcohol consumption, if it is excessive.

In brief: You

Dr. Steven Guyton
Dr. Steven Guyton
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine