I have a bump on my vagina filled with puss and blood. It resurfaces in the exact same spot every couple of months. Any ideas? Sometimes it hurt in the beginning when it resurfaces. It is on the outside where pubic hair grows.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: This

This is concerning.
Please be sure that you have had a doctor take cultures on it. You may have a cyst in that area or a gland that keeps getting infected. You could try always using anti-bacterial soap to prevent it, and if it starts getting infected again immediately place triple antibiotic cream on it (such as bacitracin), but please also have your gynecologist check it as it may need cultures if you have not already done so. If it becomes painful, swollen, red, or you have fever then you would need to be seen immediately.

In brief: This

This is concerning.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham