If i'm taking sertraline for my social anxiety disorder, what will happen if I stop taking it without tapering?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline)

Depending on dose and duration you've been on it, can have stomach upset, lightheadedness & ofcourse, recurrence of original symptoms.

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline)

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: 1 of 2 things

You may or may not get withdrawal symptoms and may or may not experience a recurrence of you social anxiety.
If done too soon most commonly recurrence (with or without tapering) is likely. It is always safer and more successful to taper.The problem is knowing if anxiety one feels stopping meds is withdrawal or returning social anxiety. Taper, don't go cold turkey and give it time to sort it out.

In brief: 1 of 2 things

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Eric Weisman