If I tell my psychiatrist that i'm having delusions, will he definitely commit me to a psychiatric hospital?

Dr. Kevin Considine

In brief: Depends

If you are having mild and not particularly worrisome delusions then that shouldn't be necessary.
But if these delusions are violent and possibly harmful then this could be potentially life threatening to the patient as well as others. In that case, that may necessitate committing one to a psychiatric hospital. Definitely consult with your doctor if you are having delusions though.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Alfredo Soto

In brief: No

The only reason a psychiatrist would hospitalize you against your will is if you area t risk of harming yourself or someone else.
Simply having a delusion does not mean you should be hospitalized, unless that delusion has made you do dangerous things to yourself or someone else.

In brief: No

Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Alfredo Soto
Dr. Jane Steiner

In brief: Doubt it

Your doctor will appreciate hearing about what you are really experiencing -- it will help him know how to better help you, what type of medication may work best for you, and it may help him understand you better. No one would hospitalize you unless you were suicidal or dangerous to others or unless you wanted to be hospitalized for some reason.
Tell your doc about your symptoms. It really helps!

In brief: Doubt it

Dr. Jane Steiner
Dr. Jane Steiner