My left ear rings occasionaly. I don't know what is causing this. I went to the the ER and was diagnosed with having tension headaches and some trauma after getting hit with a soccer ball in the head. I have been taking ibuprofen 600 mg.

TMJ? Tension headaches and ringing in the ear are symptoms included in tmj. Next time your ear rings hold your jaw more forward in a protruded position and see if the ringing sound is reduced or eliminated. If so then your ringing is related to your jaw position. Tension headaches can come from muscles that are trying to support a poor jaw position.
If . If the ringing started after the trauma, then i recommend you see an ENT (ear nose and throat) specialist. You may have suffered damaged to your middle or inner ear. If you have a primary care provider, then you will need to be referred to this type of specialist after an examination and hearing test. If you do not have insurance visit a low income or county clinic for help. Best of luck.
This . This is a condition called tinnitus and it can be quite disabling. If this persists more than 72 hours i would definitely seek further medical attention to evaluate other potential causes.