What would make you lose your voice for 4 months i didn't yell or anything there is no pain but i lost my voice for more then 4 months

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: After

After 2 weeks without any other symptoms, you may want to look into other reasons for your laryngitis.
There are number functional and anatomical problems that can cause prolonged laryngitis such as: - otherwise silent reflux related changes, - vocal fold hemorrhage (broken blood vessels), - muscle tension dysphonia, - benign or malignant growths (especially if you are a smoker) these can be diagnosed via a laryngoscopic exam performed by an otolaryngologist otherwise known as an ear nose and throat doctor. If your laryngitis persists, you may want to have your doctor recommend a specialist who has the tools to complete a more thorough exam.

In brief: After

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Other

Other reasons for a weak voice aside from those listed from the excellent answer from my pediatric colleague also include problems with the lungs including asthma, copd, or restrictive lung disease.
The lungs serve as the engine that drives the voice and weak lungs will lead to vocal weakness. Finally any disease that prevents tight closure of the voice box including paralysis of the vocal cords or presbylarynx can also lead to vocal weakness. Please consult an otolaryngologist to perform a voice box examination and if you smoke, stop.

In brief: Other

Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. Keegan Duchicela