I have had bells palsy for 7 yrs is there anything i can do to make it better or go away? I tried massage , electric stim, reiki

Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: I

I am sorry to hear that your bell's palsy did not improve.
Most run of the mill bell's palsies start to improve about three or four weeks after the weakness is maximum. A small percentage does not regain function. Unfortunately after seven years, it is unlikely that you will have return of function. There are some neurosurgical procedure that involve nerve grafts and some cosmetic procedures that can give your face more symmetry ( and also protect your eye). I trust that your doctor has assured himself that you haven't developed a neuroma on the nerve. Facial nerve neuromas are not that common but can be a cause of permanent facial weakness. Reiki will not help. Good luck to you.

In brief: I

Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Dan Hollis
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: See ENT doctor

My ENT friends have reported succes in treating this.
I am not sure how it works after 7 years.

In brief: See ENT doctor

Dr. Dan Hollis
Dr. Dan Hollis