Bad injury center of the pupil now it healed with a white scare center of my vison should I have the transplant or live with it very worryed of rejecting don't wont to be blind its been long road just to get what I have almost lost the eye

Dr. Jeffrey Davis
Ophthalmology

In brief: Whether

Whether or not to have surgery is entirely your decision.
You must determine with your surgeon, what your current level of vision is and how much your decreased vision is affecting your ability to live your life. You surgeon should be able to give you a run down on what potential your eye has of seeing better. A cornea transplant is a major surgery that requires many post-op visits and does carry with it some risk. So, you must weigh the benefits and the risks of going through this elective procedure.

In brief: Whether

Dr. Jeffrey Davis
Dr. Jeffrey Davis
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: Assuming

Assuming the retina (back of the eye) is healthy and that the scar is significantly limiting your vision--i would go for the transplant.
I would not do it just to get rid of the scar--only would do it to improve your vision.

In brief: Assuming

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: It

It depends... It depends on the vision you have in that eye.
You may not have 20/20 vision but if it is better than 20/60, you should not consider the surgery. However, if it 20/80 or worse then you should have the surgery. If your vision is between 20/60 to 20/80 then you can go either way. It depends on the experience of the surgeon and the confidence he/she has on getting you a better vision with the transplant.

In brief: It

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim