Could plavix (clopidogrel) make your heart flutter? I am a 45 year old female and one month ago had an asd clouser done. I noticed every so often I would have a feeling of fluttering in my heart, at fist thought it was my heart getting used to the device.

No but.. Plavix (clopidogrel) should not cause any sort of heart arrhythmias. Most people occasionally feel a flutter in their heart, usually related to harmless irregular beats (atrial or premature ventricular beats) or stress/fatigue/anxiety symptoms. However, the ASD closure device could also cause irregular heart beats depending on its position. It would be a good idea to bring it up with your cardiologist.
Although . Although there have been postmarketing reports of Plavix (clopidogrel) causing arrhythmia, a mechanism for this has not been established. The likelihood of having fluttering as a result of Plavix (clopidogrel) therapy is small, and stopping the Plavix (clopidogrel) could significantly increase your risk of stroke. ASD closure has been advocated by some as a way to decrease the risk of arrhythmias. However, new arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation, can occur in patients following ASD closure. I would urge you to resume the Plavix (clopidogrel) and discuss your concerns with your doctor.