I am pregnant and on methodone I am nineteen weeks pregnant and on methodone.Before i was pregnant i was perscribed vic. The last time i was pregnant and tried to quit cold turkey I have a misccariage so my doctor told me to go to a methodone clinic i go

Dr. Michael Parr
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Methadone is correct

The important thing is to prevent withdrawal.
Pregnancy is safe to use during pregnancy, when administered properly and you are using no other drugs.

In brief: Methadone is correct

Dr. Michael Parr
Dr. Michael Parr
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Maternal narcotic withdrawal is more dangerous to the fetus than the narcotic itself.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It

It doesn't make sense that you are taking Methadone and then it is not in your urine drug screen.
You need to see a high-risk obstetrician for your pregnancy. You should also be in an intense drug treatment program so that you can hopefully get off of Methadone as well and completely stay off narcotics.

In brief: It

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav