Have had lap band surgery and tummy tuck with breast lift. Starting to gain some weight back can I take an appetite depressant? I am a 49 year old female, married 30 years have 4 children. I have had a lap band surgery 2 1/2 years ago and 16 months ago a

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No

Appetite suppressing medication may cause serious side effects such as arrhythmia and death.
Stay away from them. Just adopt a healthy life style with proper diet and regular exercising.

In brief: No

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: Band

You can take an appetite suppressant but that really isn't the answer. You need to figure out why you are gaining weight.
Eating too much food? Eating bad foods? Not exercising? Band too loose? Make sure your band is well adjusted. Maybe you need to see your surgeon. Address all of these issues first before thinking about taking diet pills.

In brief: Band

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Mia Skourtis
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Weight

Weight loss surgery has many effects on your body, including changes in how your body processes and absorbs nutrients.
This is more significant with gastric bypass surgery, but lap band surgery also affects these things. I would recommend that you continue close follow up with the surgeon who placed the lap band. You might need to have vitamin and nutrient levels checked, and may benefit from having the band inflated if you are not continuing to maintain your weight loss. Also, your surgeon may recommend nutritional counseling to help you maintain your weight loss. All the best, dr. Skourtis.

In brief: Weight

Dr. Mia Skourtis
Dr. Mia Skourtis
Dr. Shlomo Widder
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I would recommend 2 things: 1.
Consult with your lap band surgeon. The band might need to be tightened or repositioned. 2. Read the book 'sugar busters' , it will explaine to you the physiology of fat production by our body. Changing your eating habits might help you lose weight.

In brief: I

I would recommend 2 things: 1.
Dr. Shlomo Widder
Dr. Shlomo Widder
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Start by

Seeing your lap-band surgeon.
Maybe you need a little more fluid in the lap-band?

In brief: Start by

Seeing your lap-band surgeon.
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I guess i would spend soem time monitoring my calories in and out.
You may realize that you are not burning up as many.Taking soemthing like phentabs may help suppress your appetite and maybe too increase your exerecising as well. www.beautybybrueck.com.

In brief: I

Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Steven Seres