Why do I feel exhausted and what can I do to make this fatigue go away? (22 year old female) for the last few years, I am always tired no matter what i do. I have tried vitamin b-12, vitamin b complex, multivitamin, iron, sleeping 6 hours regularly, sleep

Dr. Elizabeth Lyster

In brief: Most

Most doctors are taught that lab results that are in the "reference range" are normal, even when people don't feel well.
This may have been the case with your "normal" bloodwork. Your symptoms of fatigue, muscle pain and weakness could be related to low thyroid function, adrenal fatigue, hormonal imbalances and/or nutrient deficiencies. Especially because your symptoms are getting worse, you need to see a doctor who will run a thorough panel of lab tests, including several thyroid tests (not just a tsh), hormone levels, vitamin levels, and adrenal tests, who will interpret the results correctly in light of your symptoms, and be able to prescribe effective treatment. A comprehensive approach is the most likely to help you feel like yourself again.

In brief: Most

Dr. Elizabeth Lyster
Dr. Elizabeth Lyster
Dr. Marsha Davis