Would a chemical peel help my rosacea? I am fair-skinned and I have severe rosacea. I am very unhappy with the way my face looks, especially the redness and the pimples. Can a chemical peel be used to achieve a better facial skin look for people with rosa

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Rosacea redness

Try using honey as a wash and virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer. Use this regime for 4-5weeksand the redness should improvr.

In brief: Rosacea redness

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: Typically

Typically we don't use chemical peels for rosacea.
I often do perform pulsed dye laser treatment to reduce the redness and help get rid of the broken blood vessels on the surface. Combined with good medications and avoidance of triggers, laser treatment can be very effective. See a before and after picture below.

In brief: Typically

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward