Do recurring oral thrush infections indicate that I have a yeast allergy? I’ve had several oral thrush infections and was wondering if I should give up products containing yeast? Could it mean that I have a yeast intolerance?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Thrush

This can be a result of the use of steroid inhalers and other medications or a reflection of an immunodficiency.
Cutin g out foods with yeast will not afect it. You need to see an allergist.

In brief: Thrush

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: If

If you are consuming high amounts of yeast, nmhbmjh that may play a role in your recurrent thrush, however I do not feel it would be considered a yeast allergy, but more of an intolerance as you stated.
On the other hand, recurrent oral thrush can be a sign of immune deficiency (hiv, cancer, etc.) and also commonly a sign of diabetes. You should see your doctor for a complete evaluation and treatment of this problem. Take care.

In brief: If

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy