How serious are the disorders I have been diagnosed with? I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, dissociative identity disorder, and ptsd. ... I don't want to burden anyone I just want to be able to understand what I have... I have al

SEEK and DO DBT. Change your brain. Not meant to be a trite response. Actually, cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) has been shown to literally change brain structure! dialectic behavioral therapy (cbt + mindfulness meditation) was devel. And shown to treat borderline personal. D/o, did, and ptsd, all of which originate due to childhood trauma. Interpersonal family systems therapy ifs was developed for the same.
A lot. This quite a list of diagnoses. Anyone of these disorders alone is considered serious and persisting. Getting help and managing symptoms with a combination of therapy and medication is key. You won't be a burden to anyone if you take charge of your treatment. Good luck.
The . The conditions you described are serious. However, there is excellent help available. I have provided some very basic information. Post traumatic stress disorder develops in response to a trauma or traumas that the person experienced as terrifying or as a threat to life. The categories of symptoms are avoidance, reliving and hyperarousal. There may be avoidance of people, places, sounds, smells, events that trigger feelings or memories associated with past traumatic events. Reliving can take the form of nightmares or the kindling of memories of old traumas. There can be periods in which you feel like you are back in the traumatic situation — reliving it. Hyperarousal means that you may be more reactive, especially to anything which you might perceive as a danger to you. It can lead to insomnia and irritability. Dissociative identity disorder develops as a response to trauma in childhood. As a coping mechanism, two or more identities develop. Borderline personality disorder is a personality disorder which is associated with symptoms such as feeling empty emotionally; self mutilation, threats of self harm or suicide attempts; feeling intense anger and fears about being abandoned by the people that are important to you. Interpersonal relationships usually suffer. Dramatic mood changes are a hallmark. There may be risky behaviors like gambling, unsafe sexual practices, spending too much money, reckless driving or abuse of alcohol or drugs. During your treatment, your doctor should be providing you with information about your conditions. Often the doctor breaks up the information into smaller, more manageable chunks. When an urgent situation presents, the doctor may need to place more emphasis on handling the crisis, than on educating. One sign of an experienced doctor, is that he or she will determine how much information you can handle at a time. It can be a relief to finally get an understanding about why you been experiencing difficulties. The human mind is complex, so don't expect to develop a comprehensive knowledge of these conditions over night. Your doctor will most likely develop a treatment plan with you, to get a handle on which issues need to be addressed first. It is important to remember that progress in treatment is usually accomplished by a series of small steps. So, patience is important. Good luck as you and your provider work toward a healthier life with more happiness.