How to control my anxiety disorder I have been diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder with agoraphobia, im gettin somewhat better, living on my own now but i can't get myself to go anywhere. I feel like im just rotting away. How do I get myself to get

In brief: From

From what you described, your anxiety disorder and agoraphobia are quite debilitating.
You asked how to make the anxiety go away and how you can do the things you used to. The most important factor is a strong desire to be well and the commitment that is required to do so. There are a number of options for treatment. Cognitive behavioral therapy has proven to be very effective with anxiety disorders. Learning deep breathing exercises and progressive muscle relaxation would be very beneficial. Your behavioral health provider can also teach you to do imagery work when you are becoming anxious. Medications that can be used include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or other antidepressants as well as seizure medications. Of course it goes without saying that you need to have a nutritious diet, aerobic activity and to strive for eight hours of sleep per night. Talk with your psychiatrist and your therapist about which treatment modalities would be best for you. One of the most important things to remember is that your conditions will not go away over- night. You will need patience. At times you will take one step forward and two steps back; but that is the nature of the beast. Lots of baby steps can equal quite a distance in the end. Savor any victories in your progress- no matter how small. Good luck on your road to recovery. Respectfully, dr. Heidi fowler.

In brief: From

Dr. Herbert Popolow
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Baby steps

I recommend you find a psychologist with experience in using cognitive -behavioral approaches to psychotherapy.
Desensitization to anxiety-provoking situations is essential. Step one is learning deep relaxation as you cannot feel relaxed and anxious at the same time. Then guided imagery can be instituted (imagining anxious situations). Then, gradual exposure to real life situations can begin.

In brief: Baby steps

Dr. Herbert Popolow
Dr. Herbert Popolow
Dr. Jayanth Bolaram

In brief: You

You need to seek help.
Request a referral through your primary care or family doctor. You can ask for counselling with a therapist and see if that can help. If symptoms still continue then seek help with a psychiatrist. It varies with a person to person. Some benefit from therapy and someothers benefit from therapy and medication. Also discuss with your family doctor about the referral.

In brief: You

You need to seek help.
Dr. Jayanth Bolaram
Dr. Jayanth Bolaram