How soon can I positively know if I am pregnant? I am 22 years old. My period's have always been slightly off in terms of exact times of it occurring. However, they have been fairly good with timing being 28-30 days apart. In december, my period ended

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: You

You are correct in thinking that the first test you took may have been a little too early.
You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come. Good luck!

In brief: You

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy