What can be done for my son, he has developed a bad habit of flinching his eyes? For the past couple of weeks now my 9 yr. Old son has developed a habit ( or at least i think habit ) of flinching his eyes. It's gotten so bad that his teacher has expressed

Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: Flinching

Flinching or eyelid twitching is fairly common in kids in this age group, and is almost always a habit or a sign of anxiety.
An exam by an ophthalmologist is recommended to rule out other problems like eyelid inflammation or foreign body in the eye.

In brief: Flinching

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein

In brief: May be a TIC

If the eye exam reveals no problem check with a neurologist he may developed a tic

In brief: May be a TIC

Dr. Parisa Khorsandi
Dr. Parisa Khorsandi
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: You

You should have his vision checked out by an opthalmologist or optometrist.
It is not uncommon for children to develope ner sightedness at this age. This might all clear up with a set of eyeglasses. Best wishes.

In brief: You

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: It

It could be from poor vision and he is trying to focus.
I recommend a vist to a pediatric ophthalmologist for full work up.

In brief: It

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim
Dr. Shontae Buffington