I am having pains in my neck and arm. I feel like my veins are going to explode. Is this life threatening? Should i go to emeergency?

Dr. Cary Goldstein
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

Yes, go now.

Yes, go now.
Dr. Cary Goldstein
Dr. Cary Goldstein
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I

I don't think you have a vein problem. At first glance your complaints sound like a pinched nerve in your neck.
If it bothers you bad enough to want to go to the er you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Going to the er is not going to help you and will only add a big bill. Most ers are handling the emergency and are not doing diagnostic work ups which is to be done on an outpatient basis. You may require a neck mri. Deep venous thrombosis to the upper extremities is extremely rare and I have just seen about 5 cases in 25 years. None of them has had neck pain as a presenting symptom.

In brief: I

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Jack Hinkle