Need to find a psychologist I have some issues going on and i tried to get a hold of my old therapist. He has retired from his field is no longer active. I have no way of getting a hold of him to find someone else to help me. So I have to start over.

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Psychological Assocn

What about the psychologist locator service run by the american psychological association? It's possible to look up psychologist practitioners by location, specialty, languages spoken, etc.
The locator is here: http://locator.Apa.Org btw, the slogan of the apa community for psychs in indep practice is: "talk 2 a psychologist. The side effects are a better life!".

In brief: Psychological Assocn

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Emma Rishton
Clinical Psychology

In brief: It depends

It sounds like you liked your old therapist.
How did you find him? Google therapist in your area. If you have insurance contact your provider and ask for a list of psychologists who are taking new patients. If cost is a consideration check into therapists who work on a sliding scale. Training facilities can also be a good option for people with financial need. Good luck!

In brief: It depends

Dr. Emma Rishton
Dr. Emma Rishton

In brief: I

I have held off making a response to your question, in case any of the doctors who provide answers could give you the exact information you were asking for. The doctors who provide input to this cite are from all over the United States, and thus most of us don't work in your area.
You said you wanted a therapist that won't throw medications at you. Psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practioners can prescribe psychiatric medications. In some states there are psychologists who have received extra training so that they can prescribe psychiatric medicines. However, most psychologists do not prescribe medications. With that said counselors, clinical social workers and pscyhologists often provide counseling. If you have found that a number of the psychologists you have seen in your area did not work out, you could look into the option of seeing a clinical social worker or a licenced counselor. It is a behavioral health providers responsibility to recommend medication to you, if it is their professional opinion that medications would be required for you to become healthier. As you look to find a new therapist, try to keep an open mind. It took a while to build trust with your old therapist and will take time to get used to a new one. You may find yourself doing a lot of comparisons of the old therapist and a new one. Good luck.

In brief: I

Dr. Vicken Poochikian