What does it mean when your spotting after your period? I've been having spotting after my period for the first time and it really concern mean a lot, so I'm just asking could I be pregnant or is it normal for that to be happening?

First . First of all, make sure that your bleeding is coming from your vagina and not your urethra or rectum. If you insert a tampon and there is blood on it, then you know the bleeding is coming from wither your uterus, cervix or vagina. If you are pre-menopausal, there are many causes for vaginal bleeding not related to your period such as: - iud or Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) use - stopping or starting birth control pills containing estrogen - stress - hormone problems such as with the thyroid - injury/trauma of the vagina from intercourse or a sexually transmitted disease - uterine fibroids or polyps - cervical injury, infection or rarely, cancer - pregnancy (implantation bleeding) the best way to sort out what could be happening is to call your doctor. If you are bleeding heavily, call immediately, otherwise you can call during office hours. A careful exam can help show whether your spotting is anything to worry about. Good luck!