Can you have a period during first month of pregnancy? My husband and I have been trying to conceive child #2 for months now. Tracking ovulation and all that. I thought for sure that i was pregnant, then right on schedule "mister monthly" pays a visit o

In brief: Bleeding

Bleeding can occur 6 to 14 days after conception when a fertilized egg attachs to the uterus.
This is called implantation bleeding. It occurs commonly in pregnancy. The bleeding is usually lighter and shorter than with a normal period. There may be associated cramping. I can't tell you if you are pregnant. You can do a home pregnancy test at least a week after your last "normal" period.

In brief: Bleeding

Dr. Jonathan Jassey