I started running a week ago and the past 2 days after running there has been a trace amount of blood in my urine I have never had this problem before and it only occurs right after i run and no other time during the day

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Blood

Blood in the urine (hematuria) has many different causes.
The good news is that it commonly occurs after exercise, especially runners or after any other physical activity that is intense and/or prolonged. Usually this is a benign occurrence, however since this is the first time you are experiencing this you should see your doctor for a complete evaluation to rule out any other issues. Take care.

In brief: Blood

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Blood

Blood in the urine that you can see for yourself should be worked up.
It could be related to things such as a kidney stone, infection, tumor or just trauma from the exercise. You should see a urologist for further evaluation.

In brief: Blood

Dr. David Josephson
Dr. David Josephson
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine