What's wrong with my back? The pain is severe and excruciating and sometimes shoots up to my neck. It worsens at night and when laying down. Sometimes it causes my knees or thighs to numb a little bit, as well as my hips. It's in the middle of my back and

Back . Back pain can be debilitating and signficantly can affect a person's quality of life. The only way you will know for sure what is going on is to have a complete evaluation by your primary care provider and/or orthopedic specialist. You could be dealing with a sprain, herniated disc, sciatica, scoliosis, lordosis, etc. In the meantime try an anti-inflammatory like advil (ibuprofen) or Ibuprofen and try stretching every morning and evening. Your doctor may refer you to physical therapy and/or a pain management specialist based on his/her findings. Best of luck.