I have been experiencing swelling in my legs and feet. My feet are turning purple and I have no pulse in my right foot. I am a type 1 diabetic with a history of c.H.F., hypertention, high colesterol, I have been experiencing heart palpatations for the pa

Your . Your combination of problems (diabetes mellitus, chf, swollen pulseless foot) is very concerning. You have a high risk of having a critical obstruction of an artery to your leg. It is important for you go to the emergency room for evaluation to make sure you do not have blocked arteries about your heart or your leg. There is a real risk of developing a heart attack or losing your leg. Do not delay. Go to the er or call 911. Best wishes.
Congestive . Congestive heart failure may be causing your feet to swell. However there are other causes, including kidney and liver problems, certain medications, incompetent veins in your legs, lymphatic problems and infections such as cellulitis. If you have poor arterial circulation in your lower legs you will experience cramps in your calf muscles when walking which are relieved by rest. The swelling in your lower extremities may be making it difficult to feel a pulse. A doppler examination (ultrasound) of the arteries in your lower extremities will tell you if your arteries are obstructed. Heart palpitations may be a sign of a rapid heart rate or an irregular heart rate. You should see your doctor for this problem. He or she may need to do an ekg or other cardiac and blood testing to determine the cause of the palpitations.