My period is 4days early it was a light pinkish brown color this morning and is now back to a red flow what could cause this? My period is normaly on scedual or perhaps a day off. My boy friend and i had sex a few weeks back and were awaiting the arrival

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Having

Having a regular cycle means that your period comes around the same time every month - but it doesn't have to be exact.
Most women's periods are not exact as yours usually is - you're lucky! since your cycle only fluctuated by 3-5 days, that's considered a normal, regular cycle. Many things can cause a woman's period to be a little different from month to month including stress, diet, exercise, or a slight hormone imbalance. If your period is very light this month, you may want to check a pregnancy test in a week or two to make sure you are not pregnant, but if it is a normal flow, then it is highly unlikely pregnancy is a concern.

In brief: Having

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy