I have been on the Depo-Provera shot for two years now and I missed my last shot and I have had unprotected sex can I be pregnant? I took a test and it was negative

Depo . Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) is a great form of birth control since if you get the shot on time every 3 months, you have a less than 1% chance of getting pregnant. If you miss a shot, however, the risk of pregnancy goes up with unprotected sex. The accuracy of the test you took depends on when you think you might have gotten pregnant. Home pregnancy tests are only 97% accurate if taken 5-6 weeks after your last normal period (3-4 weeks after you think you may have conceived if you do not have a regular period). Depending on when your unprotected sex was, you may want to wait until it's been 3-4 weeks and take another test. Or, you can call your doctor and have them test you since doctors' pregnancy tests can detect pregnancy a week or two earlier than the home pregnancy test.