Can i get cervical cancer this is my first time having sex. I had sex 2 hours ago and i went to the bathroom to pee and when i went to wipe myself i saw little blood. It only last an hour. I had protected sex. Can i still get it even though i had protecte

Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology

In brief: This is nl but yes

All of your symptoms after first sexual intercourse are normal regardless of whether or not you used protection.
Also with or without protection there are std, s condoms don't protect against... Active herpes, pipilloma( genital warts) etc... And condoms are not 100% effective. Aside from all of this if u are sexually active u can get cervical cancer and should discuss with your doctor.

In brief: This is nl but yes

Dr. Chad Levitt
Dr. Chad Levitt
Dr. Lauren Stegman
Cervical cancer takes many years, probably at the very minimum 5-7 years, to develop after being infected with a cancer causing type of HPV.
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: If

If you are having unprotected sex, then yes, you can get cervical cancer.
Or gonorrhea or HIV or pregnant. Birth control pills will reduce your chance of pregnancy but not protect you against any of the other things listed (and more). For that, you need condoms. Seeing a little bit of blood after your first penetrating sexual encounter is not uncommon and does not indicate anything wrong.

In brief: If

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Adam Levy