What kind of doctor should I see for hemorrhoids? I am a woman and suspect I have hemorrhoids because my anus itches all the time. I've tried over-the-counter medications (tucks), and have changed my diet to make sure I am getting plenty of fiber and wate

Dr. Ly Phan
Surgery

In brief: Gen surgery

They are expert at doing hemorrhoid.
Colorectal surgeon is great at it too. But therev are not many of them around.

In brief: Gen surgery

They are expert at doing hemorrhoid.
Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Colorectal Surgeon

You will be best off seeking consultation with a well experienced and reputable colorectal surgeon.
Best wishes.

In brief: Colorectal Surgeon

Best wishes.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Ly Phan
Any general surgeon should be able to do a excellent job for you.colorectal surgeon is great at it too but there so far few of them

In brief: Colorectal Surgeon

I highly recommend a visit to a colorectal surgeon.
Anal itching can be related to "many" medical conditions, including hemorrhoids, but it could be also related to skin conditions, diet, medications, chemical irritants... Google it: "pruritus ani" or follow this link: http://www.Fascrs.Org/patients/conditions/pruritus_ani/.

In brief: Colorectal Surgeon

Dr. Jorge Lopez-Canino
Dr. Jorge Lopez-Canino
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Either

Either of these providers should be able to help you sort out what's going on.
Other things that can cause anal itching are parasitic infections and, ironically, broken off hairs from too much scratching. I would suggest that you make an appointment with whichever physician can get you in sooner, and while you wait, try using some Hydrocortisone cream twice a day. Also, just in case this is an infection, be scrupulous about washing your hands after scratching, using the toilet, etc. Otherwise, you may keep the infestation going (and spread it to others) by transferring parasite eggs under your fingernails.

In brief: Either

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham