How long should I wear ted hose after knee replacement surgery? Surgery was dec.12

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Your

Your doctor has provided you with the ted hose as a means to decrease the possibility of deep venous thrombosis or to address issues you may have with swelling.
If you have problems with varicose veins he may want you to wear them on a long term basis. If it is as a measure to avoid blood clots in your legs he may just want it for a couple of months. Only your doctor can give you the most definitive answer.

In brief: Your

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: I

I suggest calling you doctor. The staff lilke can answer your question in less time than it takes to type this.

In brief: I

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Peter Gerbino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Every

Every doctor has different amounts of time after surgery to protect against blood clots.
Some like 10 days, others 3 weeks, others up to 6 months. Depending on your risk factors for developing clots and having swelling of the legs, your doctor will want to do things like the stockings to decrease the chance of clots. As the other doctors have already said, call your doctor's office and get his recommendation.

In brief: Every

Dr. Peter Gerbino
Dr. Peter Gerbino
Dr. William Forsythe