I would like to know if there is something wrong with my 5 month old daughter she does not seem to be able to do thing my son was doing at her age her hands seem bent in when she grasp thing it takes awhile to do it and she drops what she grabs after a fe

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: From

From your description, it is difficult to assess whether your child is developing appropriately.
Many children do not sit until 6 months and do not crawl until 7 or 8 or sometimes even not at all (and that's ok). All children develop at different rates and as long as they are developing within the established range of normal, it's fine - that's what makes comparing 2 kids to each other an inaccurate way of assessing development. Your son may have been advanced and your daughter is normal. That being said, if you have concerns, it is important that you have a professional do a thorough developmental evaluation on her to make sure she is progressing appropriately. If there is a problem, the earlier she begins therapy, the better off she will be in the long run. Contact your child's doctor to discuss your concerns. They will either be able to assess her development themselves or send you to a specialist who can assess her. (many organizations who provide developmental therapy conduct their own exams). I hope this helps!

In brief: From

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Shontae Buffington