Could painting my room a brighter color help with my sad?

Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Don't think so

Need the right light and use it to extend daylight am & pm.

In brief: Don't think so

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
The activity could help you feel better. Dr Bey is correct in that SAD is treated with light. Wishing you the best.
Dr. Stephen Kibrick
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Yes, try lite yellow

Yes, it's possible.
What is most helpful for SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is additional light. There are many alternatives for therapeutic light source. Getting more time outside in the sun is very helpful. This disorder is most prevalent in the winter, when days are short and often grey and cloudy. You should also consider CBT psychotherapy from an experienced psychologist. Good luck!

In brief: Yes, try lite yellow

Yes, it's possible.
Dr. Stephen Kibrick
Dr. Stephen Kibrick
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Worth a try!

Brightness and color are important for typical sad.
Most sad is prominent in winter months when sun shines for fewer hours and is less bright on the lower horizon. Keeping brighter lights on during normal waking hours is helpful. Get out in the sun whenever possible. There is some evidence that vit d can help. Perhaps losses that have occured in winter are partly to blame. Check it out.I.

In brief: Worth a try!

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Jack Hinkle